The Mechanical Engineer will design and test all aspects of mechanical equipment and machinery
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Designs products such as hydraulic valves and system designs
- Works with a design team to create design sketches, layouts, and plans.
- Uses SOLIDWORKS software to create preliminary and detailed drawings of the product.
- Produces specifications for products and chooses raw materials and components to be used in production.
- Builds models and prototypes of the product and tests the design.
Studies the test data and makes comparisons with similar designs.
- Develops control systems and monitors production.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design (CAD) software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required; Master’s degree preferred.
Five years of related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals, and/or fumes