Department: Quality Control
This position is responsible for the corresponding documentation of inspections, approvals and non-conformance reports of products against blueprint specifications, and part lists. This position requires the use of calipers, micrometers, and a strong understanding in all units of measurement.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and performs other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and confers with management and/or engineering to determine specifications and quality standards.
- Ability to select items for inspection at specified stages in the production process and knowledge of how to verify conformity.
- Ability to perform inspections and record data.
- Ability to evaluate and record data to validate or indicate deviations from specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete reports and correspondence in writing.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and use calipers, micrometers, gauges and other measuring instruments used to perform the job.
- Ability to use overhead crane to move material.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers concerning quality matters.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Manual Dexterity (use of hands), Physical Strength (lift/move up to 45 lbs), Physical Stamina (stand for extended periods)
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals, and/or fumes
- Warehouse temperature fluctuate due to weather conditions
- Noise level can be loud, at times