This position is responsible for Preparing work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Prepare units for painting by cleaning, sanding surfaces and masking as specified.
- Paint surfaces of metal parts using spray painting equipment adhering to specific surface preparation and painting techniques.
- Apply a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and coatings from various paint manufacturers.
- Mix paint precisely to manufacturer and customer specifications.
- Remove inconsistencies or imperfections using sandpaper.
- Interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, bills of materials, and specification regarding paint requirements.
- Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification.
- Operate spray booth and ventilation system per specific instructions.
- Stage and move parts within the paint area using a forklift, hand truck, hoist or crane.
- Responsible for achieving good speed of execution while maintaining quality workmanship in a wide range of fitting activities.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Promote company goals with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Manual Dexterity (use of hands), Physical Strength (lift/move up to 45 lbs), Physical Stamina (stand for extended periods)
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals, and/or fumes
- Warehouse temperature fluctuate due to weather conditions
- Noise level can be loud, at times