The Maintenance Mechanic will oversee the performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs on machines, equipment, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Analyze malfunctions in machines and equipment and diagnose problems.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as necessary for proper maintenance.
- Lay out, assemble, install maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs. Replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Set-up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts and tools.
- Ability to complete reports and correspondence in writing.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use measuring tape and other common measuring instruments.
- Ability to operate cutting torch and welding equipment.
- Ability to use all hand tools and test equipment required to perform the job.
- Maintains and repairs physical structure and utilities of the buildings, such as plumbing, electrical and air conditioning and heating.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be punctual.
- Capacity to identify, track and order parts as required.
- I acknowledge that I am able to perform the basic functions of the job described above, unless otherwise noted.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Manual Dexterity (use of hands), Physical Strength (lift/move up to 45 lbs), Physical Stamina (stand for extended periods)
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals, and/or fumes
- Warehouse temperature fluctuate due to weather conditions
- Noise level can be loud, at times