Department: Machine Shop
This position is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up,
and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference
points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches;
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools,
attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating
vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting
processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn
tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Coordination, Attention to
Detail, Judgment, Manual Dexterity (use of hands), Physical Strength (lift/move up to
45 lbs), Physical Stamina (stand for extended periods)
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals,
- Warehouse temperature fluctuate due to weather conditions
- Noise level can be loud, at times