Department: Information Technology
The Computer User Support Specialist will plan, establish, and manage information technology projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficient in Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Publisher, and
- Proficient in Visual Basics Code for Application (VBA) with a focus on Access
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of network administration including server management
- Knowledge of FoxPro programming
- Acquisition and Tracking of all IT equipment
- Network trouble shooting and repair
- Ability to apply network knowledge to connection issues on CNC machines
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and practices.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and
specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science-related field preferred
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, chemicals,